Saturday, October 8, 2011

STRETCHED

Ever been stretched?  Not physically but emotionally, spiritually, mentally?  Not an easy or comfortable place to be.  My heart is full and overflowing with issues.  I've been here before and It's not the most comfortable place to be, actually its the exact opposite, uncomfortable.  It causes me to change, it challenges me to take a closer look at not only myself, but what is around me and how the decisions I've made are being played out in my life.  Reflection is it's middle name.  Preparation is the process.  What is to come with what lies ahead.  Before I can go forward, I am taken backward because I made a request.  A request that I knew would be painful yet necessary.  God, show me my heart.  Help me to see the areas of my heart that need corrected.
When you make a request like this of God in honesty, it will be granted.  Always you will be shown the ugly.  Not in the perspective of what the world sees or even loved ones close to you see, but what God cries over! These are things so deep that unless asked to be revealed you may never even realize they are there or even how much they hurt God.  He is faithful.  He loves us so much to show us HIS concerns, not our own, so that through HIM we can begin to understand truth in what's most important.
How do you explain to others your request, the revelation that is being revealed, and why you may not be in the happiest place at the moment?  Things that are being shown to you are not easy to see or digest, yet you know they are truth and this is where God has brought you to change you.  To speak or share with someone what you are going through takes a trust that is more than deep.  Truth causes problems, even ifs its your own truth revealed by God.

No comments: