Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Social Media OH MY!!

Wow, to say that on some days I feel overwhelmed is pretty much an understatement!!  Thank goodness for my husband and all my friends out there who have made the decision to climb and conquer social media with me.  They are beacons of understanding in an otherwise massively confusing world.  Recently I attended a seminar on Social Media and it's impact on our lives.  It surely opened my eyes to a whole new world of opportunity. Now if only I can navigate the waters, of facebook, twitter, youtube, hootesuite, tweetadder, tweetdeck, ibosocial, blogspot, hubze, and weebly!!  We have fan page engines, and social media gurus to direct our paths in this vast ocean of networking all in the attempts to catch up to the now so we are not left behind in the future!!  Is your brain crying yet?  MINE IS!!  Why do I do this you might ask, well, here is your answer.  I've worked for the "man" at the "j.o.b." and received my wages.  For most people, this is what they are satisfied with or are taught it is the thing to do.  For millions of people, it's awesome.  I've also owed and operated my own company and worked for "myself" at my "dream" or at least "passion" and received my "worth" in return.  I can honestly tell you that, I enjoyed the second much better.  For me, I would rather work hard for myself towards my passion and be compensated, than build someone else dream and just be paid their estimation of my value.  Social Media has opened up worlds of opportunity for all of us to pursue our dreams and passions and make money!!  HELLO.....no brainer for me!  So yes, I'm a networker because I have a passion for people.  I will invest in MYSELF and learn what I can about how our society is currently and will continue to operate business via social media and hopefully along the way be blessed enough to take my tiny or huge (you never know) piece of the pie along the way.  Oh, and just so you know......there is plenty of room at the top for you to join me!!  Have a great twitter status update kinda day my friends!!

No comments: