Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To do list

To Do List
UGGHHHH  All my "SUCCESSFUL" friends swear by it!!  People I look up to and reach out to for advice say it is what will set you apart in working towards your goals!!  So why is something so simple so difficult for me???  I mean, I get it.  I really do, so why don't I do it?  Why are we so willing NOT to do what we KNOW to do and KNOW works?  For me......fear of failure probably.  I recall going through a season of my life of battling depression.  NOT a good season for me at all.  I still struggle with it occasionally but as long as I stay on track with my exercise I seem to be good.  Gotta love those happy endorphins in abundant supply.  I recall during this season it seemed as though I couldn't get anything done!  So for me in my own little world I began doing a "DONE" list to encourage myself.  Not a list of what I needed to "DO" but a list of what I actually got "DONE".  Just my own little "hooray for me, look what I accomplished today" list.  Our minds seem to be under attack so often that we tend to beat ourselves up to the point where Negative digs in and camps out.  This was my fight back to show myself and my mind that I did accomplish something today and for that I should be proud.  It really helped me get through that rough season.  I'm so grateful for changing seasons.  Now I must learn to accomplish a TO DO list and not allow the fear of failing to accomplish it keep me from moving towards my goals.  I'm learning.  It's been a slow process but a process nevertheless.  I would love to hear your strategies for your to do list and how you overcome possibly not completing it.

No comments: