Saturday, March 5, 2011

Burnt Bridges

Never a good thing in my opinion, but saying that, it is only just my opinion.  Sometimes however, it seems impossible to walk over that bridge without burning it, especially if you are on fire!!  So how do you keep it all under check and control and not set the blaze free when your seething?  For me, it's called wisdom straight from my Father above.  It's not easy at all but it's possible.  I am currently crossing that bridge.  I have every right to burn that baby down and reek havoc along the way.  Or do I?  Can my anger and actions be justified?  Of course they can, we always have a way of doing that, wouldn't you say.  Do I even NEED that bridge to cross back over ever?  Probably not.  Does the situation deserve my vengeance?  Some say absolutely.  Could I be held to blame in doing so?  Most would not blame me at all, after all, they would.  Hmmmm........when is it okay to dish out to someone what they deserve in your mind?  NEVER.  That's a hard one folks.  I'm doing my absolute best to cross this bridge and the journey over it seems unending.  Opportunities keep presenting themselves challenging me to light it on fire and not look back.  I often feel like the other party involved challenges me to do so just so they can justify their harmful actions and lay blame at my feet.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.  Oh the high road is so very lonely, but it is one I will travel on this particular journey.  I give my enemy no ammunition to toss my way.  I pray for strength and patience.  After all, it's only a bridge and on the other side something huge is waiting on me.  My flesh battles daily with the situation and I struggle to keep it all in check.  I'm almost over the bridge and so far  through the help of my Father I have not lashed out and inflicted harm (which I know is in me).  It's never fun to see the ugly in you and know what damage it could do if released.  I know I will make it over and my enemy, though he may spew untruths regarding me and the situation, the truth can not be hidden for long and I will know in my heart that I did the right thing, not the worldly thing, but the right thing in the end.  That I can sleep with peacefully. 

No comments: