Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What do you invest in?

We have choices every single day to invest in.  What do you invest in?  Is it things, opportunities, ideas, people, relationships?  How will those investments benefit you or others?  And are you open to receiving the benefit or profit from the investment?  I'm not really speaking of financial investments here, but investments of the heart, mind, & soul.  Investing can be a risk.  You can gain or you can lose.  How open are you to either?  I guess I ask myself these questions as the end of a season draws near for me and a new season peeks at my future.  Are the investments of my ending season going to pay off and did I even invest in them for a return?  Sometimes we invest because it's the right thing to do.  Investing in others with no expectation of a return.  I love that we are given the opportunity every single day to invest in others.  Share their dreams, encourage them, listen, pray, or just be there to serve them.  These are the greatest investments I know of.  So when your trying to decide what to invest in.......make sure to choose wisely, because at the end of the day, the things that matter most are things of the heart and soul, not your bank account or possessions.  And never ever forget to invest in YOU!!
So thankful to have had an amazing season of investments!!!  They have forever changed my life so I guess the answer to my question is maybe it's not the end that counts but the journey of blessings along the way.  Bottom line....invest in yourself and others and there will always be a profit, if not for you, for them and that in itself is a gain!!  Happy investing!!

No comments: