Friday, March 18, 2011

Notes

I take notes.  Maybe it's because I don't trust my memory or maybe just because whatever is being said speaks to me and I want to be able to see it again.  Occasionally I go back over notes I've taken and just read what spoke to me.  I love how God speaks to me in my seasons.  I can always go back and see the old message and often retrieve a new one.  So Awesome!!
My notes on Ruth from TD Jakes "Woman Thou Art Loosed"
Need a hand up ~ not a hand out.
The hand is a symbol of power.
You are raising somebody's husband so put into them what you wish you had.
Ruth was born into a culture that was against her calling, yet she was called anyway!!
1. The Bursting Place
 ~ a place where truth and lies collide
~ a place where function & dysfunction co-habitate
Dark & Light together - this is where we live
New wine in an old place will burst
Truth causes problems
God sends lights into darkness
2. Identify (your) a sponsor
~you can't do this by yourself - God will put someone in your life to sponsor you
You can not free people when you are bound by the chain.
I'm willing to give up who I was so you can make me who I am.
Sponsor is either there or coming.
The top of Moab is the bottom of Bethleham
It's John who knows when your ready
It's Ruth who brings you out.
You can be sincere and be sincerely wrong.
You can not become what you do not understand.
3. Work you way out of the corner
~movement should be a process not an event
~you can't go further than you think
When you see excellence in another form, you enlarge your own
Something is about to be dropped ~ you catch it.
You will live off the droppings, their excess is your essence
4. Go to bed with a stranger
~Get intimately connected with a strange world you have been visiting~ Get intimate with GOD
~Become intimately involved with what you used to dream about
Make yourself avail. to opportunity and it will come to you.
5. There is always a Birth in a safe place.
~Birth in a healthy place.

**Alot of these notes may not make sense to others but if any of them penetrate you, allow them to bless you too.  Amazing conference for women.

No comments: