Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just when you think you can't.........

Think I'm crazy, it's okay.  Think I'm a Jesus Freak, I AM!  But I just have to say that GOD is soooooo GOOD!  I could spend all day praising HIM and fall short in my praise.  I am so thankful HE sees me other than I see myself.
This past week has been Crazy with a capital C.  I recently ended a career that I loved and was passionate about for 11 years.  A career I was successful with.  But it was time to move on.  God had been nudging me for a while and I just got tired of wrestling with HIM.  HE will always win and the struggle just flat wore me out.  I resigned my position with the company with nothing to take it's place.  Time to fully rely on HIM.  Looking forward to some much anticipated time at home joining the unemployed masses I kinda just relaxed and asked for God to put me where he wants me.  He knows the desires of my heart better than anyone.  So here we go.....be careful what you ask for!!  ha!  A few opportunities were brought to me and one through my husband.  One seemed great but would require way more than I was willing to give.  Another one was right up my alley and could be accomplished with little or no effort, the next one-through my husband was like, Oh really?  Don't think I'm really all that interested but I will check it out anyway.  Curiosity got me and I made the call.  Never in my mind had I ever considered entering this field.  And maybe it's not even the field but the people.  I believe that God uses us in so many different capacities.  Anyway, I decided to interview for the position and 4 interviews later the job was offered to me!  Okay, I'll give it a try.....but oh wait, there are these classes and tests you have to take in order to work.  WHAT?  REALLY?  K, barely graduated high school (that was the old me).  And......you have to pass a test that is timed, multiply choice with trick questions!!  Umm.....what have I gotten myself into here????  NOT GOOD!  Day one of class, I left, got in my car and cried all the way home!  Yep.  My head hurt, my confidence GONE, questions rising up from within wondering if this was really where God wanted me.  Exhausted.  Day 2 of class, not much better, I just resigned myself to whatever will be will be and if I fail, I fail.  For the record....I HATE FAILING!!  God dealt with me on that one too!!  Pride needed to move it's butt out of the way!!  Day 3, test day!  Knowing that me on my own was not going to pass this test, I had no other choice but to give it to God.  If He brought me to it, He would bring me through it.  I needed a 70 to pass and got a 74!!  I give HIM all the glory because I don't even know how it happened.  So....just when you think you can't.........always remember GOD CAN!!
Next week I do this all over again!!!  Would love your prayers!!

No comments: