Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Official!!

So today it's official, at least in my opinion.  The official first day of the Christmas Season.  Some would say that's it's black friday but that's just a hoopla mass media retail frenzy day, to me at least.  I'm excited about this Christmas season.  It seems like every year I can appreciate it more than the previous one.  I know that it's because I strive to continue my growth in Christ so as I learn to know Him better, my appreciation deepens.

This will be the first Christmas in our new home!!  So.....I've decided to do some other things new too!  I've decided to put some things of old that I dearly love to rest (for a while at least) and bring in some new.  Every single year for as long as I can remember (with the exception of our silver foil tree as a child) we have decorated our tree with handmade ornaments made by my amazing grandmother and grandfather.  They are precious to us all, especially since they both passed some time ago.  Every year our tree reminds me of their love for us.  They were truly amazing influential people in my life who produced the fruit that allowed me to know my savior.  Words could never express how their prayers covered my life nor how amazing they were in my sight.  Anyway, this year we are going to start a new tradition for our tree.  I have no idea what it's going to be, but it's time.  I believe that as my boys get older and begin their own lives, I will begin gifting the ornaments to them so that they may always have a piece of what has blessed me for so long.  Looking forward with anticipation and some sadness to our new decorations!!


Switching gears......hit the treadmill this morning and logged 3 miles!  Felt good.  I've been fighting off some gunk, it's the kinda thing that doesn't put you down but is present just enough to make you feel like yuck.  So far so good, it hasn't gone full blown so I'm winning!!  But it has made me feel just bad enough not to work out as much and that makes me feel even worse.  So easy does it for me.......but I refuse to let it keep me down any longer!!  

No comments: