Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010

How can anything that hurt so much, turn out to be so good?  Well, that's how God works.  While He did not create the hurt or pain, He most definitely will use it for the good. 2010 will be a year I will NEVER forget.  It took me to places I never imagined, both good and bad.  Lot's of people put their business out there for everyone to see, however, I've always felt that one should not air their dirty laundry because there really isn't a market for it.  There are those who love to just watch others in pain and follow them to see what they are gonna do.  No real concern for them, just onlookers and busybodies.  Only my most intimate friends are ever let into my pain, trials or low times.  Those I trust.  For me 2010 was a year of perspective.  God chose to use some very painful circumstances to show me His position in my life was misplaced.  It hurt deeply.  He took me to a point where I had no choice but to put HIM in proper position in my life.  And how amazing that experience was.  While the pain was overwhelming at the time, the very moment the position shifted, the weight of the world came off my shoulders and my whole life changed.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though this year brought me to the overwhelming pain threshold of my heart, God seized the opportunity to do something for me that changed my life and has allowed me to know HIM in such an intimate way that the Joy it has brought to me has actually surmounted the pain.  Rest and Peace and a knowledge of the depth of HIS love has freed me in ways I never understood before.  I share this because I know that I put people off with my Joy in the Lord.  I'm not a perfect person or even a perfect Christian, but when I share my faith with others, it is because I know personally what the Lord can do and what Joy if can fill you with.  I can't help but share.  It's like impossible for me not to tell.  I don't apologize.  Because if you knew what I know, you would do the same!!  Not a single doubt in my mind.  My heart breaks for those who don't know the Savior or the depths at which he loves them.  I'm thankful for my trials, my storms, my roller coaster.  I know now that God will use every single valley I walk through for HIS Glory, for my teaching, to rebuke me and correct me so that I can know HIM better.  He truly is an amazing Father.  His loving gentle hand knows exactly what you need, when you need it and how to move you in the right direction.  So....while yes, Jesus is the reason for the season, I'm here to declare from my heart that Jesus is the reason for EVERY SEASON in your life.  He will never leave or forsake you!!  This I KNOW.

No comments: