Friday, December 17, 2010

His Sufficiency

I AM TEACHING YOU THE SECRET OF BEING CONTENT IN ANY AND EVERY SITUATION.  This secret is all about ME - who I am and what I offer you.  I am your Creator and King, your Savior and Shepherd.  I offer you Myself in all My Power and Glory.  I am the only One who can empower you to find contentment in all circumstances.

I have promised to supply all your need according to My riches in Glory.  The greater your need, the more I invite you into the mysterious depths of My Being.  Intimacy with Me gives you strength; it also fills you with transcendent Joy.

Some of My followers are comfortable with being in need but struggle with having plenty.  When I supply abundantly, they feel unworthy - even guilty.  How this grieves Me!  Imagine a wealthy parent giving a desired expensive gift to his beloved child.  The expected response would be pleasure and gratitude.  If instead the child felt unworthy of this extravagant gift, the generous parent would feel deeply disappointed and hurt.  That is how I feel when My children balk at receiving abundance from Me.  My infinite riches and generous Love.  Do not expect to understand My ways with you.  Remember that My ways and thoughts are higher than yours-as the heavens are higher than the earth.

Taken from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young

Crazy how God has an answer for everything.  I was just debating this dilemma with a family member the other day.  It seems to me when you walk with Christ your riches take on a different meaning.  It becomes more about abundance in grace and mercy and goodness rather than material items.  That often makes it difficult to take pleasure in material abundance because we KNOW we are not worthy.  However, our Father loves giving us gifts of ALL kinds, including material items.  After all his wealth is beyond our understanding.  Learning to accept these gifts with gratitude and enjoyment is his desire for us.  We will do good to remember these things.  

Isaiah 55:8-9 

No comments: