Friday, December 31, 2010

One of the Ahh Haa moments

So, I just finished Redeeming Love and I honestly couldn't put it down.  One of the most absolutely moving passionate love stories I've ever read.  It was the epilogue though that got me.  Most people remember when they got saved.  I do to.  For some it's a life changing experience and for others, they don't feel any different at all.  I recall, I was excited & happy.  I was young, about 5th grade.  I'm not really sure I knew exactly what I was doing or why.  The author of this books talks about "growing into her salvation".  THAT'S ME!!  I've always been a believer for as long as I can remember.  I was raised that way thanks to my grandparents.  But I didn't truly understand what that meant for many many many years.  It's taken me so long to get to know God and I know that I will forever remain on that journey for as long as I live.  So maybe it's better stated, learning to walk in relationship with him.  Sometimes it is a winding road and sometimes it's just hills and valleys.  Knowing about a Savior and knowing your Savior are entirely different things.  I feel like becoming a christian was a process for me..........I grew into it.  It didn't just happen, a seed was planted and took many years to grow.  I'm so thankful I have a patient Father, one who loves me just as I am.  I'm saved for eternity, but what is especially wonderful is knowing that while I'm here on this earth I will never walk alone and every single day is another opportunity for my relationship to deepen and grow and an opportunity for me to show HIS light to others through my life, my choices and my love. 
So......I didn't just get saved, but I've grown into my salvation and what a blessing that has been.
ONE of the BEST books I've ever read.

No comments: