Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh me, Oh my!!

Can I just say that's it's been YEARS since I've been in a Denny's restaurant.  And even more year since I've been in one later than 8pm!!  So Yeah, we are on the road this weekend to a swim meet, two actually and we encounter some minor problems.  Okay, so they were major problems but we weren't totally down for the count.  Our headlights went out!!  Yeppers, nothing like trying to drive a huge truck in the dark with no lights.  Actually we could have headlights if we held in the blinker signal and switched them to high beam.  So that took some really mastery driving on our behalf.  Ever tried to drive a huge truck, in KC, holding your lights on with your blinker switches?  Forget signaling, it was dark!!  Back to Denny's, anyway, we needed dinner and since out hotel was next to Dennys and we had no head lights to drive with......by default, we ended up eating at Denny's between 9 and 10 pm.  The place was almost empty.  So empty in fact they had to make my coffee fresh, thank goodness......anyway, three people walk in the door.  Two guys and a woman.  A woman with a wig to beat all wigs.  It was coal jet black and long and tosseled and there was no denying it was a wig.  I wondered out loud about how much that wig cost.  Yes, that wasn't a nice thing to wonder but hey, i'm being honest here.  Anyway, they get seated a booth away from us behind me and for the first time Lori and Tina get to check out the wig.  So....sitting there eating and all of a sudden Lori and Tina crack up laughing so much I thought food would come out there noses!!  I'm like, what, WHAT< WHAT!!!  They were laughing so hard they couldn't tell me why!!  I patiently waited for them to calm down.....about 10 minutes later!!  Then Tina proceeded to show me what they were laughing at because I couldn't just turn around!!  She scratched her head to one side and let me know that this woman had scratched her head from top the side and the whole wig moved!! Back and forth!  Back and forth!  I can't even imagine the sight that was, because just seeing the wig on straight was enough to crack you up.  Anyway....stay away from Dennys after 8pm.  Or prepare yourself for what you might see.  It takes all kinds I guess. Oh yeah!!  And stay away from LaQuintas that are near truck stops!! Not good!! 

No comments: